Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 09, 2013

Collection Cosmetics - Lipsticks

As a girl who's really interested by makeup (haha) I decided to do a mini review of something in the beauty world that I quite enjoy: Lipsticks. When it comes to shopping for makeup, I normally just look around counter to counter until I see something I like, then later decide if I'll buy it. Of course I have no intention on buying makeup because I need it, it's just something nice to put on and flaunt my face in the mirror. 

Pretty Please (5) Mango Tango (14) Cherry Pop (8)
I decided to go shopping and buy makeup just for fun. I was in Superdrug (a pharmacy in the UK) and I was looking at the Collection counter and it was the first time I seen it, and I loved it straight away because the makeup is so cheap, but has amazing quality as well! I was specifically looking at the lipsticks as that was what caught my eye in their counter because they were only around £2.99 each! Have to say that the packaging is great too, but they seem to loose the cute foil decoration once to handle in too much though.


I first purchased Cherry Pop because the quality was brilliant. On my lips, they looked perfectly fine and was the right colour as shown on the label. The pigmentation was perfect and the result was a cherry red. I was so pleased and I bought straight away! I looked kind of odd at the till because I only had one thing to buy and I didn't use the self check out haha. 


The next Collection lipstick I bought was Mango Tango. The colour is so bright and orangey and it works well for summer or a summery look. It has amazing pigmentation too like Cherry Pop, but the colour can be too bright on a tanned skin like mine, so I would advice putting a little bit on your lips, and use a non-shiny lip balm like Burt's Bees to blend and mix the lipstick, then finish with another healthy, shiny lip balm like Carmex or gloss on top. It works great!


The final but not the last Collection lipstick I bought was Pretty Please. I really like saying the name of makeup rather than numbers, don't you? Anyway, I thought of buying this because I realised that I didn't have a pinkey kind of lipstick and I wanted one. So of course I went to the Collection counter again and looked for one and I got one! Pretty Please is a shimmery kind of lipstick and has good pigmentation although it does tend to appear darker on tanned skin, so I would advice just putting Carmex on top or gloss.

Overall I really enjoy Collection cosmetics and do look forward to building maybe most of my makeup stash from their products.







No comments:

Post a Comment